Audi has announced a special edition version of the R8 RWD sports coupe. The vehicle is the 2021 R8 Panther edition, which gets its name from its Panther Black crystal effect paint and red-stitched interior. The vehicle is a follow-up to the 2019 RS 5 Panther edition, and just 30 of the cars will be offered in the United States.
Power comes from a 5.2-liter V-10 engine making 532 horsepower and 398 pound-feet of torque. The car reaches 60 mph in 3.6 seconds and has a top speed of 201 mph. A bunch of special edition content comes with the Panther edition R8 including:
- Audi exclusive Panther Black crystal effect paint with carbon exterior mirror housings
- 20” 5-double-spoke-dynamic design wheels, milled cut, finished in matte black with red trim, with summer performance tires
- Audi exclusive full leather black interior with Crimson red stitching
- Racing shell seats in Crimson red fine Nappa leather with power height and manual fore/aft seat adjustment
- Sport exhaust system which amplifies the sound of the V10 engine and can be adjusted using the dedicated satellite button on the steering wheel or via the Audi drive select setting
- Alcantara covered gear selector and parcel shelf
- Diamond-stitched Alcantara headliner
- Audi exclusive steering wheel in leather/Alcantara with crimson red 12 o’clock marker with four satellite buttons – engine Start/Stop, Audi drive select, Performance Mode selector, and Sport exhaust.
- Audi exclusive R8 embroidered floor mats with Crimson red leather edging
- Black Audi rings and badges
- Carbon fiber exterior mirror housings
Other standard features include LED headlights and taillights, a carbon exterior package, Audi virtual cockpit, Bang & Olufsen 13-speaker audio system, and illuminated door sill inlays. The limited-edition R8 will be available in dealerships this month for $183,300 not counting the $1,495 destination charge and a $1,700 gas guzzler tax.
Source:: 95 Octane