Back in 1988, Jeep rolled out the Wrangler Islander edition, celebrating the sun-loving nature of the droptop SUV. The Islander is back for 2021, marking the first time in 11 years it’s been offered. Along with the Wrangler Islander comes the Jeep Renegade Islander, a first for that model.
The Wrangler Islander is based on the Wrangler Sport S and is offered in both two and four-door configurations. Wrangler Islander special editions come standard with:
- Jeep Command-Trac 4×4 part-time, two-speed transfer case with a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio
- 17-inch Rubicon aluminum wheels in Silver Finish with all-terrain tires
- Rubicon Rock Rails
- Uconnect 4 with a 7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Dual-zone temperature control
- Exterior details include a Tiki Bob hood decal; interior details include a Ceramic White mid-bolster and black cloth seats with an embroidered Islander logo and Surf Blue accent stitching
- Available white three-piece hardtop
- Optional Islander Plus Package by Mopar adds front/rear grab handles, cargo tub liner, solid sunbonnet top, and Tiki Bob soft spare-tire cover
The two-door version starts at $33,370, while the four-door version starts at $36,870, excluding the $1,495 destination charge. The Wrangler Islander is offered in Chief Blue, Billet Silver, Black, Granite Crystal, Bright White, Firecracker Red, Hellayella, Sarge Green, Snazzberry, and Sting-Gray colors.
The Renegade Islander is based on the Latitude and features:
- Available Jeep Active Drive full-time 4×4 system
- 19-inch Silver Alloy wheels with all-season tires
- Dual-pane panoramic sunroof for ultimate open-air freedom
- Uconnect 4 with a 7-inch touchscreen includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Exterior details include a Tiki Bob hood decal; interior details include premium black cloth seats with an embroidered Islander logo and Surf Blue accent stitching
- Keyless Entry with panic alarm
- Remote start system
- Available Alpine White painted roof
Jeep Renegade Islander is available in Bikini, Jetset Blue, Glacier, and Omaha Orange. It starts at $27,430 plus the $1495 destination charge.
Source:: 95 Octane