Jeep is busy at the 2021 Chicago Auto Show showing off new features and updated vehicles for the 2022 model year. One of the new option packages on display the Wrangler Unlimited Xtreme Recon Package, which takes the already capable Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and makes it just that much more capable.
The $3999 Xtreme Recon Package includes the following upgrades:
- LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 all-terrain tires
- 17-inch by 8-inch beadlock-capable wheels
- Swing gate reinforcement
- 4.56:1 axle ratio
- 1.5-inch factory suspension lift with uniquely tuned shocks
With those changes in place, this Wrangler offers some truly impressive off-roading specs:
- Approach angle – 47.4 degrees
- Breakover angle – 26.7 degrees
- Departure angle – 40.4 degrees
- Ground clearance – 12.9 inches
- Water fording – 33.6 inches
The optional package will be available on the Rubicon Unlimited 3.6-liter automatic with eTorque and on the Wrangler Rubicon 392. Production will begin at the Toledo Assembly Plant in August. Jeep also confirmed that the Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop is an option for all hardtop Wrangler models for $895. That option adds a flip-up black twill fabric soft top and includes mounting rails and hardware to replace the hardtop Freedom panels over the front row.
Source:: 95 Octane